From The Maude System
Revision as of 12:24, 10 March 2022 by Malaga
Maude and its formal tools have been used in many pioneering applications:
- Formal definition and verification of programming and hardware, resp. software, modeling languages: full C (ER12), Java (FCMR04), JVM (FMR04), NASA’s PLEXIL (RCMS12), Verilog (MKMR10), E-LOTOS (V02, VM05), UML (CE06, DRMA14), MOF (BM10), ODP (DV03, DRV05, RVD07), AADL (BOM14), Ptolemy (BOFLT14), and BPMN (DS17, DRS18).
- Semantics of hardware architectures: MCA ARMv8 architecture (XZ22).
- Browser security: uncovering 12 kinds of unknown attacks on Internet Explorer (CMSWW07), and design and verification of the secure-by-construction Illinois’s IBOS browser (SKMT12, SMR20).
- Cryptographic protocol analysis: Maude-NPA has analyzed many protocols and crypto-APIs modulo algebraic properties, like Yubikey&YubiHSM (GAEMM18), IBM’s CCA (GSEMM14), and PCKS#11 (GSEMM15), using unification and symbolic reachability. Tamarin at ETH, resp. AKISS at INRIA, use Maude’s unification to analyze protocols like 5G-AKA (DC18), resp. RFID (GK17).
- Network protocols: AER/NCA active networks (OKMTZ06), MANETS (LOM16), BGP (Wetal13, Wetal11, WTGLS12); DDoS-Intruder models; and DDoS protection (LDFN18): ASV (AMG09), Stable Availability (EMMW12), VoIP-SIP (SASGM09), using Maude’s statistical model checking (SMC) tool.
- Cloud transaction system formalization and analysis: Cassandra (LNGRG15), Google’s Megastore (GO14), P-Store (O17), etc. (Betal18), using SMC.
- Analysis of real-time and cyber-physical systems: CASH scheduling (OC06), sensor (OT09) and MANET (LOM16) networks, timed security protocols (AEMMS20), PALS transformation from synchronous to correct distributed real-time systems (MO12, BMO12) enables model checking of complex models such as AADL and Ptolemy models (BOM14) and distributed control of airplane maneuvers (BKMO12).
- Models of cell signaling used to explain drug effects, identify pathogen attack surfaces, etc. (Pathway Logic)
- Specification and analysis of models of Concurrency: Petri Nets (SMO01), CCS, pi-Calculus (S00), Actors (M93), REO (MSA), Orc (AM15).
- Logical framework applications to prototype logics and build and interoperate theorem provers: Barendregt’s lambda-cube (SM04), linear logic (MM02), modal logics (OPR18), computational algebraic geometry, Maude’s Church-Rosser Checker and Inductive (DM12, DMR20) and Reachability Logic (SSM17), theorem provers, HOL-to-Nuprl translator (NSM01), integration of logic and deep-learning, etc. These applications use meta-level, search, and symbolic features.
- Networking security: N-Tube: Formally Verified Secure Bandwidth Reservation in Path-Aware Internet Architectures (CSF 2022).
- Distributed databases: SNOW-Optimal Read Atomic Transactions (TOSEM 2022), Replicated RAMP Transactions (TASE 2021).
- IoT systems: Attack Surface of Trigger-Action IoT Platforms (CCS 19), Automated Composition, Analysis and Deployment of IoT Applications (TOOLS 2019).
Please, help us to complete this page. If you know of applications that should be in this list, email us to duran(at)lcc(dot)uma(dot)es.